Help with panoramic shots

dgdgbd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been making panoramic pictures using photo stitch and they have been turning out great. I recently made a panoramic shot of the summit of Stone Mountain and you can see lines where each picture was stitched together. Is there a way I can get rid of these lines? I'm using a manual setting so the white balance and ISO are the same in each shot. Any suggestions?

Camera & lens used? How many frames & how much overlap? Software used? Maybe a sample image?

Didja use a polarizer?

I'm using a Canon Power Shot A1000IS. No special lens. I used about 8 frames with a 50% overlap. The software I used was the Photo Stitch software that came with my camera. How do I upload the pic?

Upload the photo to Flickr or photobucket and it will then give you an img tag, copy and paste the tag here...

ok here is the pic
stonemountainsummit.jpg
if you look at the sky you can see what I'm talking about.

What about shutter speed & aperture.... are they the same in all the frames?

It almost looks like you've got a shutter that's dragging while open.... causing part of the image to end up underexposed.

Hmm, that could be the problem 480, I have dropped it before and I'm wondering if it messed it up the shudder. Could it be that I have the ISO set too low? I think it was set to 80 in these shots. As far as the shudder speed and aperture, they are the same in every shot. Maybe I'll have it looked at and see if that's the problem. Thanks!

If it is a dragging shutter can that be fixed at a reasonable price or would I be better off just buying a new camera?

Take several shots of a plain, evenly-colored wall in the bright sun (don't use a flash!). Check to see if there's any radical difference between areas of the frame.

Despite what looks like a problem with the camera download a trial of AutoPano Pro. I find this software does absolute wonders with some horrendously stuffed up panoramas due to the large amount of corrections is can apply.

Dragging the shutter don't mean something wrong with the camera. It just means opening it for too long because of your settings.
Did you try different software to stitch? I'm thinking it's more software related than hardware...

I have seen a similar issue in the past with the problem being the software.

Download some trial version of better software and see if there isn't an improvement.

Years ago, PS , had a problem with banding when stitching which was a surprise to me. I tested about 6 different products to find one that would give me high end results.

One was a sitiching program from Serif, which is based on Autopano liscense and is not expensive.

Most reactions

Back