HELP WITH VISTA??

BPALMER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just fired up the new box,2.6 quad,500 gig hdd,s gig memory and vista.

here is the problem,install ps elements 6 and lose the cd drive,restore to a point just prior to ps install all is ok. install ps again and lose cd drive.
found cd drive in device manager ok.but it shows an error message that windows cannot initialize the drivers for this device. all drivers have been checked for current release.

anyone ????
bp

just fired up the new box,2.6 quad,500 gig hdd,s gig memory and vista.

here is the problem,install ps elements 6 and lose the cd drive,restore to a point just prior to ps install all is ok. install ps again and lose cd drive.
found cd drive in device manager ok.but it shows an error message that windows cannot initialize the drivers for this device. all drivers have been checked for current release.

anyone ????
bp
Well this is certainly in the wrong category, I'll have a futile attempt at helping you.

What do you mean, "lose the CD drive"? What CD drive are you talking about? (model) Tried manufacturer drivers?

Are you saying your optical drive disappeared from My Computer? If so, tried a simple reboot? Certainly PS Elements doesn't have anything to do with device drivers, I would say you're just having a streak of bad luck.

I apologize for posting in the wrong area,may the mods look kindly upon me and move to the right spot.

jr, i assure you it is not bad luck or coincidence. the drive is an optiarc 7173a (sony). i have gone to the manufacturer website and insured the latest firmware and drivers were installed.
it is simple ....no ps = no problem
install ps..= error windows is unable to initiate drivers for the device(error37) restore prior to ps install , no problem i ahve done this now for the 4th time.
thanks
bp

Most reactions

Back