Help with White Balance

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent way too long trying to get my Dell U2410 balanced (I don't have physical devices to help). Through Apple's color management "advanced" wizard, I was quite thrilled with the calibration so I moved on to more productive things.

For those of you with well-calibrated monitors - does the white balance and saturation here look alright? My goal is to get a proper white balance, with an image that isn't overly saturated, and isn't desaturated. (in other words, if there appears to be something funky going on, please let me know)

$IMG_6467-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
"Content protected by owner"

It sounds like you weren't able to see the image. Alright, I uploaded it a different way. Try again!

Note: The thumbnail appears more saturated than the expanded image. Does it appear that way to you?

Was that wall white?

I believe so. Particularly, the metal flashing between the glass and bricks should be white. But, regardless of the color of the wall, does she look balanced? (she has strobes in an umbrella lighting her, where the shadows on the wall seem to be a slightly more blueish from the shade.)

That's what I see too, she looks good, tiny bit of blue tint in the blacks of her dress...

So why is the thumbnail more saturated than the enlarged image?

So why is the thumbnail more saturated than the enlarged image?

I'm answering my own question here...

Some browsers only apply the embedded color profiles for the full size images, but don't for the thumbnails. In Firefox, I fixed this by setting gfx.color_management.mode to 1 (it's 2 by default). I'm uncertain of where the setting is in Chrome.

Gfx.color management.mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Most reactions

New Topics

Back