HeLP!!

Have you thought about calling the local newspaper? If you are close to Modesto the guys at the Modesto Bee would probably be glad to help out with your report.

Ok. The San Jose Mercury News photo editor is Michael Malone. His email is [email protected] and his phone number is 408/920-5088. Contact him (phone is probably best) and explain the project you are working on. Tell him that you would like the chance to interview him or one of his photographers if possible and that it might be a good story for one of his staff to do on you and the ROPES (right of passage experiences - I looked it up) program. Kind of a mutual benefit thing.

The Mercury News is a large operation so they will be pressed for time most likely. Be very polite and deferential and you might have a shot.

Good luck!

No problem kiddo! Hope they can help you out. If they don't - give me a holler and I'll answer any questions I can. I'm a staff writer/photographer for a tiny little paper in Alabama but I think the Mercury News could be a great resource for you since they are local and all that. I know you are on a pretty tight deadline with the project due mid-February so let me know if you have any problems getting in contact the that photo editor (he has a staff of about 10 or 15 looks like by the way).

Good Luck!

Most reactions

Back