Helpful lens info please

MsTickledPink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone help me out with the perfect lens's for my Rebel T2i.
I shoot portraits, events & sports. I would rather invest in the glass for now before upgrading to a bigger camera later.
Looking for something I could shoot bigger parties or weddings with. Macro & another telephoto wide angle of course.

Thanks

Invest in glass(es) for parties, weddings, macro, wide angle and telephotos.

EF-S 10-22mm (ultra wide angle)
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L (Zoom cover wide angle to telephoto, popular wedding lens)
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (Telephoto zoom, popular wedding lens)
EF 100mm f/2.8L macro (Macro lens)

My favorite lens is the cannon 70-200 F4. I also like my tokina 100 & 35 Both Macro lenses.

Dao gives a pretty good list for a starting position - however each of those choices is only one of several possible options - eg on the wide angle you could also look at the sigma 8-16mm, canon 10-22mm or the Tokina 11-16mm each with their own varying price and features.
And that is just the wide angle choice - each of the others has its own selection to choose from. Ideas of budget, guidance as to your needs and intent to a more specific level as well as if you feel you need 4 lenses to cover your 4 stated areas of interest (eg you could combine a wide lens and general portrait with one of the 18-85mm type lenses (don't quote me on that lens existing, this is one focal range area where I know the market poorly)

My favorite lens is the cannon 70-200 F4. I also like my tokina 100 & 35 Both Macro lenses.

Ohh its rare to find those that own the Tokina 35mm macro!

Most reactions

Back