viridari.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh fishy fishy fishy
Oh fishy fishy fish
He went
Wherever I
Did go

OK so I don't normally shoot fish, which is exactly why I had to try it.

3080798645_b61f899c49_b.jpg

Gold Saum Green Terror - Aequidens "rivulatus"
Strobist: Bare 480EX directly above subject at 1/8 power.
Specs: Canon Digital Rebel XTi, 50mm f/1.8 lens, 1/250, f/5.6, ISO 100

If you place a light colored object on the bottom, or under the tank if it is bare bottomed, to reflect some light up to the bottom of the fish it helps the fish pop out from the background better. Take a look at Aquamojo's website for some examples of this type of photography.

Nice attempt by the way.

If you place a light colored object on the bottom, or under the tank if it is bare bottomed, to reflect some light up to the bottom of the fish it helps the fish pop out from the background better. Take a look at Aquamojo's website for some examples of this type of photography.

Nice attempt by the way.

Yeah that was working with an established 55 gallon display tank.

I was thinking for a different attempt I might put the fish in a 10 gallon tank with a white bottom and black back to allow the flash from above to reflect back up from below a bit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JmEwO8yJM"]Fishin'[/ame]

(a couple of notes.... this video does not do justice to the original song when it came out, my god I'm surprised at my... errrr ....... I meant... errr *cough*.... at Elvin's age, two bouncers... kinda sorta, but not really needed..... and at the end of the day.... get a young girl to strum yer strings) :lmao:

Love the fish V.

AWESOME!!! THOSE COLORS ARE AWESOME

AWESOME!!! THOSE COLORS ARE AWESOME

Thanks. I tried taking pics with the ambient 130W Power Compact lighting that is on the tank and it was just really dull. Using a flash placed on top of the tank really made the colors POP, blew my mind! I was able to reproduce with some other fish but I'm not as happy with the overall composition on those so I didn't post them up.

Most reactions

Back