Here mom, eat this. C&C

Fingtam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All cropped too tightly. Limbs are cut off. #1 would be better with a less shallow DOF--I'd like to see it all in focus. Push up the saturation and contrast a bit. Might want to add some fill flash on the shots with shadows on their faces.

All cropped too tightly. Limbs are cut off. #1 would be better with a less shallow DOF--I'd like to see it all in focus. Push up the saturation and contrast a bit. Might want to add some fill flash on the shots with shadows on their faces.

Thanks for the response. I did shoot a few in which the boy and the dandelion were in focus, but for some reason my favorite was the one where the flower was in focus, but he was not. I do wish I would have used more depth of field to get the mom in focus. And I kinda wish I had used a reflector or some fill flash to lighten up her face, but the whole thing happened in a matter of seconds, and I just didn't have time.
Here are a few of the other shots I took.

A reflector would have helped and I still think the crops are too tight. Cutting off limbs is not a good idea generally.

I love the composition and story of the image :)
Catch lights in the child's eyes would change the picture dramatically! It will take a flat image and make it POP :) It is also nice when you are on the same level of the child... eye to eye so to speak.

Okay. So you're saying I shot him from too low of an angle?

Its nice to shoot from from different angles.. But try straight on and see what you think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back