Here's a lesson well learned!

Happy Hour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I purchased A lens from Ebay (<- mind you I hate Ebay there's allot of scams on there!) anyway I receive the lens this morning:wink: I'm like a kid in a candy store!!! I run and grab my camera slap on the new lens and run outside (still in my pj's) "Click" nothing happened!!!:confused: i take the lens off double check my settings. "Click" Nothing again!!!:( I look at the screen it says no lens. now I'm ticked off!:grumpy: this lens was advertised to work on my camera. I decided to try it on 4 other cameras I have since the lenses are all interchangeable between them Still nothing!:grumpy::x I e-mail the seller telling him what happened. In the mean time (while waiting for his response i do a Google search) come to find out old Sigma lenses need a chip upgrade to work on a newer slr.Hmmm...:er: so I look up sigma and get there #. after talking with the customer service rep I find out- - They will trade in old lenses for new ones!!!;) Well for my lens it was only $100 to send in my old lens and get a brand new one with a warranty. Not bad considering it cost $300.00 by itself. so i'm still a little ticked off and was snooping around and found out that the seller I bought the lens from had bought it from another seller on ebay. well Now I'm furious!!!:madmad::madmad:Here this guy got screwed and decided to screw someone else!!!"What a A-s!!!" I say. So anyway I didn't pay that much for the lens so I figured it would cost me more time and money to fight this and mail it back to this guy, so I sent it out 2 Sigma. Well my luck seemed to do a 100% turnaround just now as the guy e-mails me and says he will give me a 100% refund (even shipping!!!)and i can keep the lens! ! !:)So I pretty much just bought a brand new $300.00 lens for $100 not a bad deal huh?:lmao::lol:

so i'm still a little ticked off and was snooping around and found out that the seller I bought the lens from had bought it from another seller on ebay. well Now I'm furious!!!:madmad::madmad:Here this guy got screwed and decided to screw someone else!!!"What a A-s!!!" I say.
says he will give me a 100% refund (even shipping!!!)and i can keep the lens! ! !:)So I pretty much just bought a brand new $300.00 lens for $100 not a bad deal huh?:lmao::lol:

sheesh dude... you've got issues...

1 - So he bought the lens... he wasn't happy.. .resold it. You've got a problem with that? Maybe the Sigma works with his "older" camera? I purchased a Leica summicron which ended up being the wrong version than I realized. I just resold it.. guess I"m screwing someone else?? You make no sense.

2 - So he offered you a 100% refund. And you still furious?

3 - You still made out like a bandit in the deal.. and you find it necessary to start a thread here?

yes.. you need a drink.

sheesh dude... you've got issues...

1 - So he bought the lens... he wasn't happy.. .resold it. You've got a problem with that? Maybe the Sigma works with his "older" camera? I purchased a Leica summicron which ended up being the wrong version than I realized. I just resold it.. guess I"m screwing someone else?? You make no sense.

2 - So he offered you a 100% refund. And you still furious?

3 - You still made out like a bandit in the deal.. and you find it necessary to start a thread here?

yes.. you need a drink.
Ok I think you need to learn how to read!!! I'm not still furious. the moral of my Story was Don't jump to conclusions! oh wait if you can't read just look at the smiley faces!"oh well look at that they are little happy ones at the end! Huh! well i guess i'm probably talking with what? a 5 year old? cause my 6 year old could understand this story just fine! I started this thread just to share a goofy story. Ummm.... so grow up dude!:chatty:

She's Happy Hour. Quit killin her buzz, man...she's chillin.

I must say...I was amused.

It would have been nice for him to mention it was the older version. But very good of him to give you a refund and for Sigma to replace their lens. You made out like a bandit.

She's Happy Hour. Quit killin her buzz, man...she's chillin.

I must say...I was amused.

It would have been nice for him to mention it was the older version. But very good of him to give you a refund and for Sigma to replace their lens. You made out like a bandit.
I could not believe everything that happened today. he claims he knows nothing about cameras or lenses. which i actually believe. I looked at the old post from the guy he bought it from and it said the same thing that his said. anywhoo the whole reason i posted this b4 the Circus act came in . was to let everyone know Sigma Does trade in lenses working or broken. i thought It would be a bit of useful info for any noobs or old timers that have some layin around. :headbang:

haha you guyz amused i am

to Happy Hour,

dun buy without knowing the dealer as in the history or somethng haha btter still if you buy t from a shop haha

And you really got issues man chill!!

Most reactions

Back