heres a random hair question. any help would be appreciated.

invisibledemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well, this being an international forum, i feel i can get a better answer here. seeing as different countries have dif standards.
kinda random, but i cant find an answer.
im thinking about getting a new job, i suit and tie type thing, but i have long hair. question is:
does anybody know of a way to style it to look professional, bc i really dont want to cut my hair, its all shoulder length and fairly straight.

yeah, thats the first thing that came to mind, but the guy i was talking to basically said that it needs to be cut and professional. i asked about keeping it longer but styled differently, he said he'd have to see it first.
im going to talk to some other people tomorow, but just need to come up with more ideas.
a job with the potential of 10k/month+ is very luring, and if need be, i may have to cut it. but i really dont want to. seriously, i dont wanna.

For 120k a year, I'd totally cut my hair.

But yeah, I see your point of view too. I'd try tying it back and doing some gel-stuff to make it look sleek and professional, and if they don't like it, I'd say try and make a compromise and cut half of it off or something.

im not sure what exactly the starting range is, but i know you can make 120+ if you bust ass. and im used to busting ass. i do it everyday for 30k.

People employ people who look like they will fit in, and first impressions really do count. Aim to go to an interview looking at least as smart as those who already work there, and if in doubt go for the traditional approach - dark suit, white shirt, conservative tie, black shoes - freshly polished.

If you can, spend 20 minutes outside the company's offices at lunchtime and look at people coming and going. How are they dressed? Might be difficult in multi-tenanted buildings, but well worth it if you can.

As for hair, same principle applies. When I interview I make allowances for whether someone would be customer facing or not, because I know what our clients expect someone from our organisation to look like (it's a firm of accountants - people expect us to look like accountants...). If they aren't customer facing then longer hair would probably be fine (especially in a technical or back-office role, IT particularly) as long as it is neatly tied back and it looks like they made an effort in other respects.

At the end of the day, hair will grow back!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back