Heritage tree

David_low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
david-low.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The morning lights casting shadows against the colossal roots (some of which are almost 1.2m ht) of this Kapok tree produced some interesting shades. I handheld a fern in front and captured with self timer.

The snag with this composition is that it didn’t give a right perspective of scale of these majestic roots. However, I felt the resulting picture was pleasantly striking.

It is designated Heritage, planted in 1933, which is very much my senior !

865539104_hMjHk-O.jpg

What a great subject. Did you take a shot without the fern? I think the roots would make a good picture.

This one looks a little blurry around the edges. I also don't like how the fern is on the bottom edge of the frame; much better if the fern was nestled between the roots and rose up from the shadows.

Thanks guys and very much appreciate the comments.

Yes, I do have a shot just the roots but seems its too plain and boring. There's the reason I "added" on the fern. Maybe it gives some kind of minor 3-D effect, and seeking a little attention with the delicate sunlight.

I like the texture of this image, also the colour of the fern, nice shot.

I looked through your gallery slideshow and I have to say the picture of the birds and the windows is fantastic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back