What's new

Heritage tree

David_low

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 7, 2008
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Location
Destine for heaven
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The morning lights casting shadows against the colossal roots (some of which are almost 1.2m ht) of this Kapok tree produced some interesting shades. I handheld a fern in front and captured with self timer.

The snag with this composition is that it didn’t give a right perspective of scale of these majestic roots. However, I felt the resulting picture was pleasantly striking.

It is designated Heritage, planted in 1933, which is very much my senior !

865539104_hMjHk-O.jpg
 
What a great subject. Did you take a shot without the fern? I think the roots would make a good picture.

This one looks a little blurry around the edges. I also don't like how the fern is on the bottom edge of the frame; much better if the fern was nestled between the roots and rose up from the shadows.
 
Very cool.. thanks for sharing!

I love the bright green with the darker background settings...

i agree, it would be nice to see just a picture of the roots them-self.
 
Thanks guys and very much appreciate the comments.

Yes, I do have a shot just the roots but seems its too plain and boring. There's the reason I "added" on the fern. Maybe it gives some kind of minor 3-D effect, and seeking a little attention with the delicate sunlight.
 
Fascinating picture. Would be nice if you cropped out the left.
 
I like the texture of this image, also the colour of the fern, nice shot.
 
I looked through your gallery slideshow and I have to say the picture of the birds and the windows is fantastic.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom