jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out today, and I have to admit, I really struggled with my shots. Focusing was an issue for some reason, but I did manage to reclaim some of them.

1 Portrait of a GBH
sep18202106 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Getting a bite to eat
sep18202108 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Reflection
sep18202109 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 This Snowy Egret was having fun running back and forth and jumping, but this is the only shot that came close.
sep18202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

-

All of them but #2 in a lesser measure.
Just realized that since I use manual mode on almost all my shots, I don't have EV control. I'll have to do a better job of manually setting my camera up. I did have highlitght tone priority set to D+2, so I wonder if that is having an effect. I keep on meaning to disable that.

Just realized that since I use manual mode on almost all my shots, I don't have EV control. I'll have to do a better job of manually setting my camera up. I did have highlitght tone priority set to D+2, so I wonder if that is having an effect. I keep on meaning to disable that.

Your camera HAS the feature, Jeff.

Exposure Compensation​

Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments

Your camera HAS the feature, Jeff.

Exposure Compensation​

Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
Correct, it has it, but from what I'm reading, it is not available in full manual mode. I will have to dig up the book and take a look. I'll figure it out. :)

I found it in the EOS 90D Manual. Will set it so that it brackets the shot.
That's what I do. I'll take one shot and check my histogram and adjust until the light for the best shot is a hair past the furthest vertical line on the right for a good exposure. You're going to like it.

Nice set.

That's what I do. I'll take one shot and check my histogram and adjust until the light for the best shot is a hair past the furthest vertical line on the right for a good exposure. You're going to like it.

Nice set.
Thanks! I'll have to get used to the histogram.

What does exposure compensation do in manual mode? Just adjust the meter reading?

Most reactions

Back