weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the first BIF picturers I got with my 5DmkIV, taken on a nature reserve slightly North of Aberdeen. It was pretty good light and fairly close, so turned out ok I think though sharpness could be a bit better.

Heron in flight by wee_pete, on Flickr

Yup mate, got it in one. Cracking beach with some great dunes. My daughter was at an interview at Aberdeen uni so me and my fianceé went for a walk. Do you have any idea if it fishes? looked like a good spot for flatties

Yup mate, got it in one. Cracking beach with some great dunes. My daughter was at an interview at Aberdeen uni so me and my fianceé went for a walk. Do you have any idea if it fishes? looked like a good spot for flatties

Never fished it myself but most beaches north of Aberdeen will produce the usual fatties, whiting and allegedly some bass. I've fished the Black Dog beach a few times which is on the same stretch but a few miles south towards Aberdeen.

When I started sea angling in the late 70's we dug all our lug and rag at the Ythan estuary at Newburgh there. Don't think it's allowed any more.

Nice shot, weepete. It doesn't have to be tack sharp, that's very hard to attain. It may be a little on the soft side but I would be happy that it shows good detail. I think that's what matters to most people.

Nice capture. And I like the bit of vignette. Is that his fishin' pole he's carrying? :02.47-tranquillity:

Never fished it myself but most beaches north of Aberdeen will produce the usual fatties, whiting and allegedly some bass. I've fished the Black Dog beach a few times which is on the same stretch but a few miles south towards Aberdeen.

When I started sea angling in the late 70's we dug all our lug and rag at the Ythan estuary at Newburgh there. Don't think it's allowed any more.

Cool mate, I'll maybe pop up and give it a shot at somepoint, I quite enjoy a flattie bash on a nice clean beach every now and then. There's a few bass come of the East coast beaches a bit further South. I keep seeing boys catching them in Ayrshire on my facebook feed but never had success there.

Nice one!
Thanks MSnowy! we had some pretty nice light for it that day.

Nice shot, weepete. It doesn't have to be tack sharp, that's very hard to attain. It may be a little on the soft side but I would be happy that it shows good detail. I think that's what matters to most people.

Yeah mate, it's perhaps a downside of the upped resolution in the higher end bodies, my tamron seemed sharper on my old 7D but seems a bit soft with the 5DmkIV. I've probably caught that L disease after getting the 16-35mm f4 L which is crazy sharp.

Nice capture. And I like the bit of vignette. Is that his fishin' pole he's carrying? :02.47-tranquillity:

Thanks PJM! You'd think so with the size of that branch, and he's probably a better fisherman than me too

Aye Mate,
Nice capture.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Last edited:
wow awesome!!

Love it!

Aye Mate,
Nice capture.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Thanks Mike, it's a pretty cool place with a nice estuary, sand dunes and a beach. Hopefully I'll get to visit there again someday

Excellent shooting..

Thanks Jeff, I did luck out a bit as it was building a nest, so it got pretty close to the hide at the edge of the trees.

wow awesome!!

Thanks Phoro Lady, the light was pretty good that morning, so that helped a lot!

Thanks LRLala, I'm quite fond of herons, so nice to see them in the wild!

Most reactions

Back