• Poll closed .

randallone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.branhamphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I captured this shot as we slipped into the cove which was quickly becoming very dark. The sun was laying down almost flat on the water. I was prepared with my Nikon D2X and 300mm VR F/2.8 lens with attached Ball and Cup on my mono pod , which is about the only way I can hold all the weight for long periods of time . As the Heron took flight I was able to isolate him from the dark background using an aperture of F/2.8 . I love this combo for this style of shooting , this lens is great for isolating background shots.
725005896_K3kHQ-M.jpg
thanks for viewing Randall

This is way great.

Very nice image, Randall. Did you use any fill flash for this or was it done strictly with available light? What kind of book were you thinking of using this for?

BTW ... Welcome to TPF. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

I second the welcome and defintely hope you'll be a frequent poster!

Thanks Ian, no fill needed here the sun lit him up better than any flash, it was a very isolated late light in the evening when the sun was light a flashlight shinning on him as he flew across the water . I only got a few shots and he was out of the light.
As to the book probably a small coffee table book , maybe something I could take to potential galleries .
Thanks Randall www.branhamphoto.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back