Heron

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

First two heron shots taken with my new sigma 50-500. I love this lens. C&C welcome.

Thanks

czapla1.jpg

czapla3.jpg

Good poses of the heron.

Brightness seems a bit high.

Is that bokeh normal for this lens ?

Reminds me of a filter affect. Pics are a bit overexposed.

Thanks for the comments. I guess you are right about the exposure. I just checked those photos at work and they are bit overexposed - I have to calibrate my LCD at home.

Both those photos were taken at 500mm - 6.3, so I think the bokeh is normal for this lens - no post processing.

Thanks.

Keep working with it for it only gets better. I bought the 100 - 400 so it was easier to hike with and am loving it also.

Yes, I had a UV filter when I took those shots, and no noise reduction.

I would remove the UV filter and try and see if your bokeh improves.... I would imagine it would.

Some people (not all) have the belief of why spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get exceptional glass only to put a plastic or cheap glass piece in front of it?? If you going to use a UV filter or any other filter its best to get the really good quality ones.

I never use any filters on my lens, but its personal choice.

I use UV filters on all my lenses, just for protection, really... both of the ones I have don't hurt image quality at all... and I didn't pay much for them.

Thanks for the info. I do use UV filters on more expensive lenses just to protect them, but I would give it a try to see how it works without it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back