Herps of Honduras

Bios.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ah that makes sense, I was wondering why someone would post what I was thinking of...

I'd pay money for #5 if there wasn't that reflection in his eyeballs. Anyway to edit that out? Other than that, I love them. Really good IMHO. #3 is the weakest of the bunch due to the foreground distraction of the foilage.

Where did you find all of these critters?

Yep, #5 is my fav. #2 is second. The viper get's last because of all of the foreground distractions, but I wouldn't want to get anywhere near that thing either >.<

Bios.. Beautiful shots! Any chance a tighter crop on the pit viper would clean up some of that foreground... concentrated on the head... it is lovely!

Like @2 the best.. mysterious, almost! :)

I took the liberty of trying to remove the highlight in the eyes of #5 froggy... just to see what would happen. hope you don't mind! Left just a touch of highlight to give the eyes some life.

Frog4x5.jpg

Thanks people.

I'm not really into too much cloning, I find it hard to make it look natural and when you know it's there you can normally tell. The only thing I could do is use an off-camera cord but I didn't take it with me as I thought it would be too much hassle in the jungle.

I have other shots of jumping vipers however this was the best of the ones I got at eye level and it wasn't really possible to take it from a different place. This was about as close as I was going to get to this snake, I was about 2 metres away and these snakes have a reputation for lifting completely off the ground when they strike (hence the name JUMPING viper). I'm not sure how true it is but I didn't want to get any closer!

thanks cgipson1, I think it does make it better and I may have a go myself at some point.

I like the first frog the most. (Shot #2)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back