Hey from SoCal

TwoOlives

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
That's Southern California in case there are other places with the abbreviation :)

Hey everyone - I'm Daniel. Just recently found TPF and have enjoyed reading what I've seen so far. Seems to be a pretty friendly group, which is always nice to find. There is obviously a ton that can be learned just by reading and participating with more experienced photographers around here.

I've played around with photography on and off for about 9 years (since high school). Recently got a Canon 400D as a gift (what a surprise THAT was!) and its really inspired me to start trying to learn more/again. I hate knowing that the camera is capable of taking such better shots than I even dream of asking it for.

I originally learned on a borrowed Pentax SLR, and then used a Fuji Finepix S602 for about 4 years. I progressed quite a bit with the Fuji, and look forward to getting that back and then some with the Canon (and more importantly, with my renewed interest).

I'd be very interested in meeting any other people in SoCal who share the hobby as well.

Look forward to interacting with all of your!

Daniel

Hi Daniel, welcome to TPF.

welcome to the forum :)

Yes, it is friendly indeed, which is rare :)

Welcome Daniel. There must be several thousand members on this forum. That's just too many people for it to be anything but friendly.
I also got (bought!) a 400D a few weeks ago and yes... it is capable of producing far better pictures than anything I can come up with. One word of advice from one new SLR owner to another; "Beware of dust!!!!" I did not realize how easily dust can settle into the sensor and it is driving me nuts!! Yes... there is a self-cleaning system incorporated into the camera but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. So a word of advice: switch lenses with care...... and enjoy the forum.

J

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks JZero for the warning about dust. So far, that hasn't been an issue yet because I'm too poor to have more than the kit lens :) However, I will for sure keep it in mind when I do get my next one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back