Hey!! Lightspeed! You expect more ehh????

Where's the mid-air egg?

Dead on stare from a PELICAN? C'mon as far a birds go they practically pose for you!

Don't mind me, I'm just giving you a hard time! I just got a bunch of pelican shots this weekend! :lmao:

Dead on stare from a PELICAN? C'mon as far a birds go they practically pose for you! Don't mind me, I'm just giving you a hard time! I just got a bunch of pelican shots this weekend! :lmao:
No worries :)

Well it's good to see your enthusiasm. You've gotten better by leaps and bounds since you've been here.
And yes, me and Gipson take all the credit for it. lol
But I'm afraid it's time to play, " Lets school the rookie."
hahahaha
6495733629_30f212c008_b.jpg

BRB MIRROR BREAK

And I am once again humbled and waving a white flag! I have received help from an ample amount of people (especially Derrel lately) but Cgipson and Lightspeed seem to be the only proclaimed "black rose" mentors!Ok masters, give me a task or a challenge! Something specific to accomplish! This will be fun!

And I am once again humbled and waving a white flag! I have received help from an ample amount of people (especially Derrel lately) but Cgipson and Lightspeed seem to be the only proclaimed "black rose" mentors!Ok masters, give me a task or a challenge! Something specific to accomplish! This will be fun!

Yes it will be, and harder than you think.
lol

6758601447_5ffa80d194_b.jpg

Btw I don't think the photo is that good, just wanted to show off my "Getting subjects to look straight at me" skills to Light!

I paid him $5 and french fry....

1/250, f7.1, ISO 125. EF70-300mm @ 165mm

Now if some one has a pelican in mid-dump, we'd be on to something.....

Last edited:
Btw I don't think the photo is that good, just wanted to show off my "Getting subjects to look straight at me" skills to Light!

Soon you'll be equipped with a DSLR.
I have you severely outgunned at the moment, equipment wise.
So I don't expect you to run out and get an image of a fruit fly.
They are less than an eighth of an inch long. Which is why I thought it was a gnat.
You will see a lot of people here say that the camera or the equipment isn't important.
That is bullchavic. Plain and simple.
Yes the photographer plays a huge role in capturing the image, but if you don't have the right equipment to capture it with, you're spinning your wheels.
That is why I strongly suggest that you look at the Tamron 90mm macro as your first lens purchase.
Tamron also makes a beautiful 180mm macro that is a beautiful lens which I have used before on a nikon body and can attest to its image quality.
Nikon makes a very affordable 40mm also. ( the cheapest of the bunch, yet quality).

I would also think hard about that 3100 you're about to buy.
Just like I told you before you got the new camera you have now, you would want something better in no time.
It didn't take a month.
Buy that 3100, and you're gonna wish you spent the extra and got the D7000.
Believe me I know what I'm talking about.

I'm looking hard at the Nikon D4 as we speak.
I'm unsure though. I'm weighing the pros and cons of turning one into a macro rig.
Yet, it's big, bulky ( making it hard to fit in tight spaces which I am proned to do at times)
I see no ring flash for this nikon system that I would think as effective as what I have now.
I know there's something out there, I just haven't found it yet. I will always keep my K5 system.
The ring flash and commander unit is a thing of beauty, highly effective along with outstanding image quality.
I'm unsure if I would see much of a difference versus money spent.
That's being weighed in now.
But I like the D4, A LOT.
Just unsure if it would make a better macro rig than I have already.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back