hHow high up does a web cam or video camera need to be to get a full body view of a person

zeeboy99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i want to put a simple shelf on the wall

https://ph-test-11.slatic.net/original/b311534ca185a51e89b3ec484b3b4126.jpg_340x340q80.jpg_.webp

https://ph-test-11.slatic.net/original/4afaf21f618e85aaf82086428e884945.jpg_340x340q80.jpg_.webp

and i not sure how tall the shelf would need to be to get the full body view for a person who is 5 feet 6 inches tell so i ask how tell should i put the shelf i want to put the webcam or camera on the shelf for the full body shot so do i make it eye level, or shoulder, or chest or what? i do not want the camera low but the right body level like this women in the photo that how i would like to look when my friend and family see my full body shot when we video chat
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg

5caa69b5bd194cc1ae5d8fa7b9637fd3_A.jpeg

There is no one-size-fits-all answer. It all depends on the focal length of the lens used as well as the sensor size in the camera.

and the distance between the camera and the subject.

i will be using a c930e webcam that has a 90 degree view so i am still not sure how high to put the shelf for a person that is 5 foot 6" in height i do not want a up view or a down view just like the women in the photo she look straight not looking down like i have seen some full body photo but the model is look down a bit a if the camera is not high enough so some thing

90 degree............. side to side? Corner to corner? Top to bottom?

Assuming 90° side to side, and you want to put it at 5' 6" up, you can put it 6 feet away and angle the camera down a bit and you'll get 6 feet top to bottom in your field of view.

Last edited:
There is no one-size-fits-all answer. It all depends on the focal length of the lens used as well as the sensor size in the camera.

this is the info on the webcam Logitech C930e 1080P HD Video Webcam - 90-Degree Extended View
b30db525-0fa2-46d4-91e0-088b48595f45.jpg._CB280299828_.jpg

Widest-view Business Webcam
Now your video meetings can easily include whiteboard presentations or product demos. With an extended 90-degree field of view your clients and colleagues can clearly see you and whatever you’re presenting. And when the webcam is not in use, a convenient privacy screen covers the lens for added privacy and security.

b30db525-0fa2-46d4-91e0-088b48595f45.jpg._CB280299828_.jpg

Widest-view Business Webcam
Now your video meetings can easily include whiteboard presentations or product demos. With an extended 90-degree field of view your clients and colleagues can clearly see you and whatever you’re presenting. And when the webcam is not in use, a convenient privacy screen covers the lens for added privacy and security.

Assuming 90° side to side, and you want to put it at 5' 6" up, you can put it 6 feet away and angle the camera down a bit and you'll get 6 feet top to bottom in your field of view.
ok is that going to get the same body level as the women in the photo the height of the person is 5 feet 6"

ok is that going to get the same body level as the women in the photo the height of the person is 5 feet 6"

Mathematically, from the information I have, at a distance of 6 feet you should be able to see 5.97 feet vertically. But that's assuming a few unknowns. One is the lens' field of view is actually 90° horizontally. Manufacturers are known to lie a bit o specs.

Another is a 3:2 aspect ratio. If it's 16:9, you may have to move the camera back a bit.

Most reactions

Back