Hi all from British Columbia !

weddingguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.weddingguy.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Started with a "Donald Duck" camera at the age of 11 (that must have been about 120 years ago)
wink.gif
Started taking pictures for money at age 17, then officially became a "professional" at age 20 with a "kidnapping" job photographing children and families in peoples' homes. In those days we carried 4x5 view cameras and three hotlights.
My endeavors spread into weddings, commercial photography and I spent one year as the public relations photographer for the Chateau Lake Louise in Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada.

After about another 17 years in the business I went back to school and became an accountant so that I could make some real money . . . but never gave up the passion for photography.

I got my first computer back in 1984 for my accounting practice, and with the coming of digital cameras I got excited about photography all over again. Remembering the days of constant brown fingers from working half the night, every night, in the darkroom, the thought of my new darkroom being at my desk was revolutionary. Back in the "old" days I averaged about 4-5 hours a day standing in the darkroom on a cement floor!
I decided that I would specialize in weddings and went back into the business in 2000. I don't own a studio any longer, but use "studio" lighting for all my formal pictures on location.

I have been taking photographs for $$$ now for a total of over 30 years and it seems that almost every week I learn something new and exciting.

I am married to a great lady that joins me on all my weddings as an assistant and second shooter. Between us we have 7 children and 10 grandchildren. One of my grand daughters is now in the photography business in Alberta.

There . . . you know more about me than I know. Looking forward to sharing ideas on this most facinating of hobbies. Enjoy!!!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum Bob and thanks for the great into.

I love Lake Louise...but it's so overrun with tourists these days, it's hard to find a place to even take a photo, let alone one without any people in it.

A few of us had a great meet-up that was based out of Lake Louise and Jasper. Photos HERE. We are thinking about another one this spring.

My dad lives up on the hill in Port Coquitlam, nice area.

Out of curiosity, who is your granddaughter...maybe I know her.

Thanks all for the great welcome.

Mike, I also live at the top of the hill in Coquitlam . . . maybe the same hill?:lmao: We are on Mariner Way.

My granddaughter's name is Kaila Moore. Her site is pretty catchy . . . check it out!

kailamoorephotography.com - About Me

Love your shots of Lake Louise. The only one that is missing is the sun rising on the Glacier . . spectacular!!!

From where you were standing the glacier is 7 and 1/2 miles from you, and the glacier itself is over 350 feet deep. (Thought you might find that interesting)

Hope to learn lots here and share some too!

Mike, I also live at the top of the hill in Coquitlam . . . maybe the same hill? We are on Mariner Way.
Not quite, he's up by the Westwood Plateau golf course.

I don't really know the area very well, I've only been there a few times.

From where you were standing the glacier is 7 and 1/2 miles from you, and the glacier itself is over 350 feet deep. (Thought you might find that interesting)
Thanks, that is interesting. I wonder how much the glacier has changed since you worked there.

Thanks again everyone! WOW . . . you guys have some incredibley high numbers of posts ! Some of you must LIVE on here!

Just finding my way around so will probably meet up with you on some other threads (let's see 10 posts a day for . . . . holy crap, it's gonna take years to catch up !)

Most reactions

Back