Hi all. New from Hoosierland (Indiana)

svk75

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
This is scott from Central Indiana. Would like to indtroduce myself and I also have a question since I'm typing in here. My interest is in landscape photography. I also enjoy taking pictures of barns with nice scenery. If I ever end up putting one of these photographs on my website (which isn't quite ready) and possibly for purchase, do I need permission from the owner of the barn. If so, what is the best way to do this?
I am enjoying reading all the different topics in this forum. I hope it's also a learning experience for me.
Thanks all.
Scott

Welcome to the forum.

Laws will vary from place to place, so it's probably best to ask a lawyer in your area.

My instinct is to say that you do need permission to go onto someone's property, but the photos you take are your own. For them to sue you, they would have to prove damages or that you violated their reasonable right to privacy (well, that would be a criminal matter, so they would press charges, not sue).

Best bet would be to ask permission to enter the property and photograph the barn. If they ask for compensation, offer them a nice 8x10 print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back