Hi, everyone, new guy checking in--

Ductapeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
--I always wanted an SLR but never had the money, and let's face it, if you're clueless the wide array of accessories makes it almost impossible to figure out what you need vs what is just "bling"-- Then a few weeks ago a coworker of my wife, who has just retired and is moving to Hawaii, sold me his Minolta X-700 with all the trimmings-- five or six lenses, strobe flash, power winder, a ton of filters-- for a song, and I'm having a good old time with it. He was doing semi-pro work for the last few years, wedding receptions and graduations and stuff, so the kit is pretty complete, and the camera looks almost new. I've had a succession of 120-cassette-film snapshot takers over the years, and we have a 2.6-megapixel Olympus digital, but this is my first "real" camera, so I will no doubt have a large number of newby-type questions as time goes on-- I guess I'm asking for y'all to bear with me until I get this thing sorted out. Is there a particular section of the Forum I should be asking my Minolta questions in? Thanks a ton-- Lee

Welcome to the forum.
Feel free to ask and post your thoughts. Minolta equipment questions could be posted in the Equipment and Services forum.

Welcome to the forum...

You will find many Minolta nuts here, and alot of good advice.
Ask away, and do not feel 'stupid' about any question. You never know that a simple question you have may turn out to be a good bit of trivia for the rest of us.

Most reactions

Back