Hi from Indiana!

AEJustin1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a DSLR. I am taking a basic photography class at my college (just taking for fun/hobby) and found out we need to get a DSLR camera within about a month. So I'm looking like crazy at the moment and selling a few things privately to get some camera money. I'm just curious as well as to what to get too. Any suggestions from the pros here?:D I've always had an interested in taking photos and figured I'd take a class for fun.

It really won't matter which DSLR camera you get...they are all pretty good and would be enough for your class and beyond.

My personally preference would be to stick with Nikon or Canon because they are the two biggest systems to buy into. Because once you choose a camera, you are buying into that system and thus those will be the accessories that you may add later etc.

But Pentax, Sony & a few others do have good cameras as well.

I can give the Nikon recommendations, as I shoot Nikon myself. Try and find a used D40/D50/D60/D70/D80/D90/D40x...

Look on Craigslist! You're bound to find one there! Then before you buy, come back here and post up the details and price. Have someone tell you of it's a good deal!

Sent from Erics iPhone! (2) Nikon D300 50mm 1.4, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 2.8VRII, 24-70 2.8, 85mm 1.4, (2) SB900

Most reactions

Back