Hello from Norway!

Loke--

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

My first post on The Photoforum! I started some photography under a year ago, and the interest started picking up quick. A friend of mine was shooting with Sony gear, and after a whole lot of reading and watching youtube i decided to try out Sony myself. Started out with a secondhand A7R with kit lens, and quickly aquired a couple of new lenses. After some months i really enjoyed taking pictures, and wanted to invest some more, so i bought a Sony A7IV, which is currently my camera.

Im 36 years old and have two daughters and a partner, and i work as an electrical engineer.

Looking forward to get to know you, get some tips and tricks, and up my photography game.

:encouragement:

Welcome to the forum from one EE to another. Do you work in Power, Electronics, IT, or a related field? Your A7IV will serve you well for most anything you want to shoot. As you get deeper into it, you will find you end up spending more on glass than on the camera as you explore different genres in photography, but it's a path you can walk and enjoy for the rest of your life.

Hello and welcome. I am a retired electrical engineer. Enjoy your new hobby and show us your photos.

Welcome to the forum from one EE to another. Do you work in Power, Electronics, IT, or a related field? Your A7IV will serve you well for most anything you want to shoot. As you get deeper into it, you will find you end up spending more on glass than on the camera as you explore different genres in photography, but it's a path you can walk and enjoy for the rest of your life.

Thank you! Im in power, working for a grid company. I work mostly upwards to 24kV. What about you? Yeah, currently i have a 24mm f1.8, 24-105mm f4 and a 100-400 f5.6-6.3. But i'm currently looking to sell my 100-400 and buy a 200-600mm, i also want a 85 portrait, makro... The list goes on 😆

Hello and welcome. I am a retired electrical engineer. Enjoy your new hobby and show us your photos.

Another electrical engineer, well, it seems i really joined the right forum! Thank you, i will post some photos soon :)

Thank you! Im in power, working for a grid company. I work mostly upwards to 24kV. What about you? Yeah, currently i have a 24mm f1.8, 24-105mm f4 and a 100-400 f5.6-6.3. But i'm currently looking to sell my 100-400 and buy a 200-600mm, i also want a 85 portrait, makro... The list goes on 😆

Another electrical engineer, well, it seems i really joined the right forum! Thank you, i will post some photos soon :)
I am also retired. Spent the first few years of my career in power. Everything from cleaning insulators at the top of towers to blowing the carbon out of 4000 hp DC mill motors. Voltages from 250VDC to 138KV. I was even a Load Dispatcher for a while in a power station with a 60MW 60 cycle generator and a 25MW 25 cycle generator. Then I took a job designing digital image processing hardware (best time of my career), eventually Project Manager, Manager, Director of R&D, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, ….

I’m looking forward to seeing some of your photos as you are in a very, very beautiful part of the world.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back