Hi from London, Ontario.

CousinMadness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.canadalensrentals.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings all. I am not new to the forum scene, but rather at a stage in life where I am finding more time to peruse the various portals relating to photography. Ah the luxury of sitting down for more than 5 minutes
wink.gif

I am formerly from Ayrshire in bonnie Scotland. Emigrating to this massive Country called Canada in 1988. I have had an SLR around my neck since I was 12 years old, a Russian built Zenith B. This was a birthday present from my Mother in the Fall of October 1972. The 1972 Prestwick Air Show was blessed with unusual sunshine and I was disappointed that the aircraft were "too far away" with the point and shoot I had at the time. In those days it was the F104 Starfighter, and you know how small they are. Needless to say my hobby grew into a business and before too long I had 400mm lenses making a dent in my shoulder, and my young wallet.

I am a former Police Officer and Detective, now nearing the age of 50 I was blessed with a baby boy last summer and another one on the way this October. Talk about leaving it late in life eh? I've recently started a lens rental business for Canadians. Until very recently the big stuff has not been easily available in Canada. I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with it for photography is my first love.

I am a member of a couple of forums, photography, aviation and railways. I use the same name in each so you may "know" me already. I believe that each corner of the Internet possesses it's own communities, personalities and styles. Each one offering it's own brand of information and inspiration. I have been lurking here on and off for a while so I thought it was time to finally join up.

I own and operate two photography database sites. One here in Canada and the other in the UK. As I say, photography has always been a part of my life and I consider myself among friends at Talk Photography.

All right, enough of the grovelling....

Martin. (aka Cousin Madness)
tongue.gif

Welcome, and thanks for the interesting introduction! I haven't been around here very long, but have enjoyed it in the short time that I have been here.

It sounds like you have some fun stuff going on :)

Welcome, and thanks for the interesting introduction! I haven't been around here very long, but have enjoyed it in the short time that I have been here.

It sounds like you have some fun stuff going on :)

Thanks Tim, had a look at your site... WOW do you have a great eye for looking at things differently. Beautiful work and nice to see someone think outside of the box. Martin. :)

Martin- Thanks for those encouraging words (and what you said in the guestbook of my gallery). I can't begin to tell you how much it means to hear positive things about my work.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

Again, welcome, a warm welcome to you. I have a co-worker friend in Canada that I will tell about your rental site. I know he does a lot of Macro, but should he ever need something bigger for a weekend I'll try and steer him your direction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back