Hi from Scotland

ChrisH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there

I've just joined your forum in the last few days and am really impressed at the tips and info I've picked up already- so thanks! Here in the UK I've found some photographers less willing to share tips- so this site has been a great find.

I am very new to photography and am currently trying to establish myself locally as a child portrait photographer, I've been doing pictures of kids locally for a little while now and I'm really nervous as tonight I've had my first call from someone who has seen some of my work and wants to be my first paying customer - yikes! So I thought I better brave some feedback from 'those int he know'and see what I can learn. I thought I'd be able to post an attachment to this with a couple of samples - can you let me know what to do.

Thanks

Christine

Hi Christine from Rochdale in Lancashire,

I have joined in the last couple of days too. Not sure I can help with posting images but I think you have to subscribe in order to attach files which I have done today.

You sound to be in the same situation as me. I have done about 6 paid portraits so far and I have my first wedding booked for August.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Oh, and Welcome

First of all, welcome!

Secondly, Graeme is correct that you need to subscribe in order to get access to directly attach and upload your files to the forum. You can also find other sites to host your photos and link directly to them. Some photos hosts allow that, so do not.

Lastly, thank you for subscribing, Graeme!

First, welcome to TPF and second contratulations on your first paying shoot! I am a portrait photographer and most of my work is in babies/children and weddings. I look forwarding to seeing your work!

Hi

Thanks to all for warm welcome, I am trying to subscribe but paypal keeps crashing- i will keep it trying tho!!

Funny my first response from rochdale after me being a bit cheeky about the lack of openess of my countrymen (oops)- congratulations Graeme on your first scheduled wedding - how have you prepared for this?

I am really enjoying looking at all your work - and really makes me feel a bit in awe & that I am playing at it a little bit especially when I see some of your lighting techniques- but s'pose we all have to start somewhere!

Pete thanks for your welcome too, funnily enough my little girls name is Christie which is quite unusual here, but a fellow photographer who is a US expat living here tells me that it is a bit of an old lady name in the states as a Christian name - that puts emigration off the cards for us then!!

Thanks again

Christine

Welcome,

If you are still looking for a way to show off some photos, have a look at www.photobucket.com It's a free hosting site that will allow you to upload your photos and link to them from here. Of course, subscribing to this site allow direct attachments which is fast & easy.

Hi

Still having trouble linking to paypal, im meantime I've taken your advice Mike and set up a photoalbum on photobucket.com, I would really appreciate if any of you would care to take time to review and feedback to me - I can't believe how nervewracking this is - go easy on me please!! Seriiously though, any CF will be very gratefully received, I know I have so much still to learn.

The link is http://www.photobucket.com/albums/b194/chrishh

I have chosen 6 pics I've done over past couple of weeks, the style which is quite popular here at the moment is venture- tends to use alot of PS effects such as bleaching, inc colour sats & motion blurring - so not just a shaky hand honest!!

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back