Hi...I was wondering what people thought of this picture...

Welcome to the forum, I just saw your hello post. As a heads up, people tend to be straight forward and tell you what they think of your pics. It is not intended as mean, just being constructive.

The vignette in the bee shot has a hard edge. Did you make that with an oval? The tones have blended on the whites of the petals, making them look flat. The overall colour is a little washed out.

An alternative to the way you have done the vignette is to multiply a duplicate layer in Photoshop. Mask that layer and then reveal with black to bring back the bee and flowers to their original tones. Leave some of the mask near the edges to provide the vignette effect.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind what people say about my pics or anything...i just want their general opinions on them. I am only 17 and still learning about how to take pictures and getting the best picture out of a basic kodak 12 mg camera.

Not a fan of your post processing, the vignette is rather ugly and it clips one of the petals. Other than that, it's a cliche bee on flower shot, doesn't really do much for me.

Yea...I was messing around with the picture for a while. It does need to have work done with it. I am still learning though, and it will take some time to get the "perfect" picture.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind what people say about my pics or anything...i just want their general opinions on them. I am only 17 and still learning about how to take pictures and getting the best picture out of a basic kodak 12 mg camera.

That's a good attitude to have. The more open you can be to constructive critique, the better your pics will get. Members also like to see the image right in the thread. Use the
to put the image right in the message.

Ive been trying to do that, but I am still trying to figure everything out on here. It took me a while to even figure out how to post a thread on here. I posted another picture without the vingette on that picture as well.

Yea...I was messing around with the picture for a while. It does need to have work done with it. I am still learning though, and it will take some time to get the "perfect" picture.

The more you learn about photography and the more you shoot, you'll soon find out that there is no such thing as the PERFECT shot. As an art, the artist will always find something in their work that they don't like or would have changed.

Practice, practice, practice, read your manual, practice and read some more ;)

haha. yea. I know that nothing is perfect, but I want the picture to look good.

Welcome to the forums! Getting up close and personal with a camera and a bug has been my fascination lately, too. Take a look at the Macro section of the forums... there's some terrific work in there. And most are very willing to offer some good tips.

Most reactions

Back