Hi/New Old Guy

jbylake

Dodging the Men in Black
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forgot to post in intoductions first. I used to, in the late 70's early 80's do a lot of B&W. I was young, in the military, could buy camera's really cheap overseas. I didn't make much money then, but the base I was stationed at had a photo hobby shop, and I was mentored and self taught at B&W photography, film development, etc.

To leave out a long story, I quit for reasons beyond my control.
I recently unpacked and pulled out my old Cannon AE-1 and lenses. Took them to a photo shop, for a check-up, and whatever, and the owner said everything was A1 conditon, even after all of those years. I was kind of suprised.

I wanted to get back into it, but no room for a photo lab in my condo.
Discovered scanners for 35mm and slides, so I can eliminate chemicals and enlarger. After all the years of absence, the camera discovery was like finding an old friend, and my fever was heightened again. I guess it's going to be a long haul, as I've forgot about everything I knew, so I'll have a new learning curve.

Lastly there is a question here. Any recommendations for a great scanner at a reasonable price. Also, which version of photoshop do I need to enhance, crop, etc BW and some color pictures. Is there something else out there, (software wise) that works as well or better, without breaking the bank?

Anyway have been reading through the threads, and looking at some of your work, and there are some truly gifted individuals here.

Oh yeah, other love is Harley's.

Maybe hear from some of you.

Thanks for allowing me on the forum.

J.

Hi New Old Guy. I am also new. Sounds like you have lots of great pictures and stories from your past. You asked a question about Photoshop. I use Photoshop CS4, but I think any photoshop will work just fine. I think there are also some great photo programs out there... Picaso??? I have not used anything else yet. Actually, only have been using photoshop for about a month now.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back