Hi! This is my first post

cmovie12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

So, this is my first post to this site and so far this seems like a great forum. I'm a start up professional photographer based out of southern California (The Inland Empire) and am in the process of launching my own special event and non-studio portrait business. I've been shooting photography all my life and also have an educational background in film production. For the past 10 years, I've been working in the entertainment industry (TV to be exact) as an assistant to writers (I'm an aspiring writer in case that's not obvious :) Anyway, I left TV last year to pursue a career in photography (my other passion) and I have not regretted a single moment of it.

That being said, I look forward to being a part of this community & forum and to start things off, I've got a question.

Tonight, I'm photographing a band at a night club. As you can imagine, the place is dimly lit and since I've never shot in a club setting before, does anyone have advice as to what type of setting(s) I should use? I'm going to be using a Nikon D700 with a 24-70 mm f/2.8. Thanks in advance!!

Welcome - you forgot to mention flash - if not, then prepare to bump up your ISO, you may get lucky

I know. The venue/band won't allow flash photography. Thanks for the tip!

Welcome, Is that the one and only lens you have?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back