hi total newbie so bare with me

bwotring85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello im new to dslr. Im currenty off work for a while due to some personal issues. So with all my spare time i joined the vol fire department. And always interested in photography and figured be great time to pick it up. I just purchased a used rebel xt 18-55 mm. Figured would find something cheaper just starting out instead of going all out. So any advice be appreciated. And thoughts or issues with the xt. Thanks bill

No I will not get naked with you!
And welcome :)

I am from Maryland and also a newbie at the whole taking pics and what not with a dslr. :) It is a lot of fun just as a hobby. I know my pictures are not anywhere near professional standards but I enjoy taking photos and learning new things about the camera I recently purchased. I have a Nikon D5100 with the standard lens that comes with it. Welcome to TPF. :)

Im up in western md. I just doing it as a hobby thats why i just bought a used rebel xt. Was supposed to be here today but wont be till later. I downloaded the manual read it about three times already.

bwotring85 said:
Im up in western md. I just doing it as a hobby thats why i just bought a used rebel xt. Was supposed to be here today but wont be till later. I downloaded the manual read it about three times already.

Welcome! Sounds like you have a good start. You are miles ahead of most who are starting photography because you read your manual.

Made a cheat sheet to carry instead of carrying the manual everywhere. Got most basics on aputure,shutter speed,iso, changing focal piont,metering modes,exposure

Today should be when my camera arives.(hopefully) . And taking kids to circus try it out there be a lot of different lighting. Will be interesting never using slr. But i done lots of home work.

Most reactions

Back