High Contrast (bikini)

Allen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C always welcome.

Playing around with some Alien Bees and a white background.
Mirium.jpg

Two lights on the background with barn doors, two soft boxes on the subject--one on the left one on the right.
24mm

Last edited:
I like this,

Mirium1.jpg

Except for resizing it this is basically straight out of the camera.
My background light on the left is a little hot.

I made the monotone because I want to try this image as an alternative process (VanDyke or Cyanotype) I haven't tried one yet with a white background and I want to experiment with a range of different density negatives.

Mirium1.jpg

Except for resizing it this is basically straight out of the camera.
My background light on the left is a little hot.

I made the monotone because I want to try this image as an alternative process (VanDyke or Cyanotype) I haven't tried one yet with a white background and I want to experiment with a range of different density negatives.

Just as I thought great shot. what PP software are you using?

Thank you, sir.

CS4

Just a thought, try playing with highlights and shadows a bit. you might be able to pull out the texture difference in the bikini and make it pop a bit to delineate it from the white wall in the B&W conversion

love the pose and the light.

I stole the pose from an Uma Thurman shot I liked.
I set the lights up as I did because that's kinda the only way they would fit in the small room we were working in (no space behind me or above to place the soft boxes anywhere other than on either side). That said I like the way they came out.

love the pose and the light.

I stole the pose from an Uma Thurman shot I liked.
I set the lights up as I did because that's kinda the only way they would fit in the small room we were working in (no space behind me or above to place the soft boxes anywhere other than on either side). That said I like the way they came out.

many times some of your best comes from what we are forced to do by circumstances. Id definitely revisit the lighting setup in the future

I'll dig out a few more from the same day that work really well as monotones and post them up tomorrow (today now I guess since it's 1:30am here).

Mirium2.jpg

As a VanDyke

Most reactions

Back