Hike at Decew falls

osirus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took a hike to Decew falls a few weeks ago since i had never been, and always wanted to check it out.
some bumps and bruises later.. i got some good pics.

THe mill by the waterfall

AUG21-07-006.jpg

another shot of it
AUG21-07-007.jpg

the falls from down below
AUG21-07-058.jpg
AUG21-07-109.jpg
AUG21-07-031.jpg

The lower falls

AUG21-07-142.jpg
AUG21-07-150.jpg

Thanks

i was thinking about going back there in a few weeks when the fall colours are out in full.

only thing is its a real pain to get down there..

heres the way down to the upper falls.( i fell off that ledge there ground gave way.. but other than a scraped arm, and a sore arm back for a few days after.. i was ok lol. Actually i heard a week or so ago the rope snapped on someone and they needed to be airlifted out. so i guess i was lucky.
i was just glad my camera gear was alright.

AUG21-07-009.jpg

then tog et to the lower falls..
you gotta go past this, i was seconds guessing going down there whne i took this, after falling down the 1st desent i was a lil iffy..

and i was in skate shoes lol. not the best thing to wear.

So i did a controlled side on my butt down the hil though to get the waterfall pics.

looks steeper in real life lol
AUG21-07-132.jpg

and the way back up..
again steepness is much more than it looks lol
and you cant really tell the scale in the picture.
That lil rock ridge at the top, its about 15-20 feet high, theres a nice thick rope there to help out though.
AUG21-07-133.jpg

So if i decide to brave that again then perhaps i will get some nice fall pics of the same spots :p haha

#3 and #6 are my favs great shot, they worth a day of hiking :D

Number four does it most for me - I think the foamy flowing river acts as a natural lead line that makes you follow it from the top to the corner.

Most reactions

Back