What's new

Hillside

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
d65a.jpg
 
I always like your pictures Lew. I'm not sure why though.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
Thank you.
I try to make and show pictures that draw people in, that they must engage with a bit.

I don't like 'digested art', art that has everything spelled out for even the most casual viewer to absorb quickly.
 
I thought about it and that explains perfectly what i like about it. I'll try my hand at telling a story, i have your pictures as a reference. Right now my type of photography is reactionary and very non-thinking, i see something interesting and i take the shot and that is probably the difference between how you do it and how i do it. Thank you for sharing this knowledge, it is very helpful
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
any picture has 3 possible components beyond the actual content - meaning, mood and mystery.
Good pictures, imo, have sufficient of each of these to engage the viewers' minds.
so I want my pictures to show the viewer something that has some interest and meaning, give them a hint of what I am feeling and a suspicion of what it is about.
if I am successful, they get engaged in filling in the blanks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom