Hingham, MA

noahx1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
f/10, 1/125th, ISO 100. Taken on my Canon Rebel T3 in Hingham, MA. As always, feedback, criticism, anything is welcome! Thanks!
IMG_8918.JPG

Beautiful shot!

I did notice the horizon isn't level (easily fixed). Also... you've got a few dust spots on your sensor. Two spots in the upper left corner (which means they are really in the lower right corner on the sensor since all images are captured upside-down and flipped).

Pretty picture, much of the impact due to the reflections off the plant leaves in the foreground.
Fixing the horizontal means that there is a lot of empty space on the right and a crop to 4x5 tightens it up a bit, imo.
The basic problem with this genre of shot, plants silhouetted against sunset, is that it has been done to death and, while this may be your first, it is hard to bring anything new to this kind of shot.

trees sunset imag - Google Search

not to mention

sunset1111111.jpg

Beautiful shot!

I did notice the horizon isn't level (easily fixed). Also... you've got a few dust spots on your sensor. Two spots in the upper left corner (which means they are really in the lower right corner on the sensor since all images are captured upside-down and flipped).
Thanks for letting me know about those! I had always seen them, but somehow have never managed to get them off of my filter...I must admit I am a little nervous about going in and cleaning-I don't want to scratch anything or do any lasting damage.

Pretty picture, much of the impact due to the reflections off the plant leaves in the foreground.
Fixing the horizontal means that there is a lot of empty space on the right and a crop to 4x5 tightens it up a bit, imo.
The basic problem with this genre of shot, plants silhouetted against sunset, is that it has been done to death and, while this may be your first, it is hard to bring anything new to this kind of shot.

not to mention

View attachment 108179
Thanks for showing me the fixed picture, I think it looks great! True, not too original, but it was my first of this style. How would you go about making it more original, if I may ask? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back