What's new

His first smoke...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
3,795
Reaction score
30
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Friend of mine just turned 18 and bought a cigar. I took pictures of him smoking it. That's about it :D.


Oh if it's a problem with this being in the general gallery then by all means move it, my dear moderators. It seemed to fit better here than in the more formal portrait section.

P-cigarbutt-sm-bw.jpg


P-light-sm.jpg


P-cigarbuttred-sm.jpg


D-twirl2-bw-sm.jpg


P-twirl-sm.jpg


P-exhale2-sm.jpg



thanks for looking!
 
Shots 1 and 3 are great!! Id be proud of those myself.
By the look of things, it doesnt appear to be his 1st smoke! lol!!!!
 
Awww...youth :thumbup:

Great series! Like em all.
 
So many thoughts that have gone into planning and composing these photos! Wow. They have a right to be either here or in the Portrait Forum, for they are about that cigar (very much in focus), but they also are very good portraits.

My favourites of this - all in all brilliant! - series are the third and the last. Last but one following them on the heals.

In the third I really love your use of light: the outlined face against the bright background, the glow of the tip of cigar against the dark part of the background. Backlight over all to outline the smoke... that works really good in the last but one, too, the backlight outlining his contours and highlighting his eye-lashes (they comes out really, really well!) ... if only the smoke were a tad more focussed....

And even though I would never advertise smoking at all (non-smoker here), I really like the last and how the smoke just so leaves his mouth, floating, wavering...
 
thanks for the comments guys!

it was his first day smoking, so he had already smoked most of it before i took these :)

lafoto, i always appreciate your long comments!! My friend and I also do not really condone smoking, so nobody take these shots too seriously ;)
 
my comment will be much shorter and useless :P - beautiful
 
aww i like your lil' comment too! thanks mentos ;)
 
They are all good, but the ones I really like have the swirling smoke in them, #4 especially. I've always loved the way that looks. :thumbup:
 
these are all great shots, way to hard for me to say one is better than the others. i like the DOF in the first, i like the vertical line in the second, your lighting is terrific. i like the backlit silhouette, with the glowing embers in the third, the swirling smoke in 4 & 5, and 6 is perfect as far as lighting and crop/composition. great stuff. what kind of lighting and settings did you use for these shots?
 
I think the last one is stellar. I really like the black and white shots. Those ones seemed to fit the mood of smoking cigars more to me. Totally good.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom