Historic Lighthouse

fsquare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this at sunset.

This lighthouse marks the entrance to the historic Lachine Canal.

The canal has been designated as a National Historic Site of Canada, officially named the Lachine Canal National Historic Site of Canada. The Fur Trade at Lachine National Historic Site is located near the western end of the canal.

The canal gets its name from the French word for China (La Chine). The European explorers dreamt of finding a route from New France to the Western Sea and there on to China[2] and hence auspiciously the region where the canal was built was named Lachine.

[Reference from Wikipedia]

6534582969_601224b3d7_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, too bad there are a few cars at the end. Lighthouse seems a bit crooked but maybe it really is?

I figured it was -15C and that nobody would be there...i was wrong and real pissed. Why park right next to it? There's like 150 parking spots all empty in the lot. It's crooked lol...i thought it was me as well but in all my shots it was leaning. Thanks!

tilted tower appears to be lens distortion? why not just photoshop the car out?

Not sure it is lens distortion. The right part of the image was cropped out so the lighthouse was more centered originally. At 14mm there should be barely any distortion on this lens. At 10mm it is another story all together.

Ya i could photoshop them out..might give it a go tonight

Most reactions

New Topics

Back