Hmm...Whatchathink? NSFW BIKINI

To be honest Trev... not feeling it. Your lighting and exposure are top-notch, but her expression and pose give me the impression she's angry.

She looks like a super-hero. Better than anything I can do currently.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ya, she's a bodybuilder type, I wanted to make her soft and sensual. What could i do better?

I honestly don't know that you could anything better here Trev; I think you need to get a genuine smile from her.

Three things that come to mind:
1. The eyes look more male to me. Have her tilt her head a bit and not level. Look at Tiredirons avatar.
His eyes are level and have a male look to them. She looks like she wants to kick my ...
2. Her right shoulder is pronounced. Maybe turn a little.
3. The hair could use some separation light.
Well, you asked. :)

This was shot in natural light in a natural location outdoors at midday. Just to clarify

Excellent lighting for natural.
I went and found my reference. Believe me you know more than I. From Doug Box's book "Guide to Posing":
He talks about tilting the head at a different angle than the shoulders to create dynamic lines across the body
and to help insure the clients eyes are not horizontal to the ground ensuring a more interesting dynamic feel.

I think if she tilted her head forward a bit it would help. OK, thats all I got. :)

Nice work, but definitely not someone I would like to bump into in a dark ally. To bring out the femininity, try using a glamour filter it wont take much but will soften the expression on the young lady's face. Cheers TFS

pete

Excellent lighting for natural.
I went and found my reference. Believe me you know more than I. From Doug Box's book "Guide to Posing":
He talks about tilting the head at a different angle than the shoulders to create dynamic lines across the body
and to help insure the clients eyes are not horizontal to the ground ensuring a more interesting dynamic feel.

I think if she tilted her head forward a bit it would help. OK, thats all I got. :)
That! Not sure why I couldn't see it last night, but I couldn't... aside from her expression, she's too level! Always try to have anything that comes in a pair (eyes, arms, shoulders, breasts, etc) at least slightly off-level!

What is a glamour filter?

The Glamour Filter softens the overall picture without reducing the clarity or sharpness the photo the One I use is the "Nik Colour Efex Pro Plugin for Photoshop". I did try it on your Photo but didn't re-post because I noticed you said no to editing your shots.You can find Glamour filters in many photo processing programs, Nik products also work in Lightroom. Hope it helps. Cheers Pete.

The one thing that stands out to me (or maybe I noticed it and now can't un-see it).....is that with her build and impressive thickness, her hand looks tiny. It's likely just the perspective and how her fingers are falling...but I can't look away from (what looks like) the tiny hand.

That's probably even better than a large hand, so maybe I'm being too picky. Hands are just a PITA.

Seen larger on Flickr, the skin softening on her left breast area looks a bit too much. What's bugging me is the missing thumb on the right hand, and the degree of out of focus on the left hand, and maybe the skin texture on the right, upper thigh area looks a bit bumpy. She has a great physique for sure.

Most reactions

Back