Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Memorial Day Weekend - Newburyport - 003 bw.jpg

I find the wall w/ the words on it way more interesting than the door. I keep wanting to look more to the left. That could be cause the words are cut off. It's a natural reaction to want to read the whole thing.

I think I would rather have all of the restaurant sign and small windows or none. As is, I find them a little distracting.

You clipped off the sidewalk, the sign above the door, the Coca Cola sign.
PS them in and you may have a winner.

I find the wall w/ the words on it way more interesting than the door. I keep wanting to look more to the left. That could be cause the words are cut off. It's a natural reaction to want to read the whole thing.

Yup, it was the words on the wall that grabbed my attention, but they didn't seem like they stood well enough on their own so I tried to pull in other things... ultimately, I don't think the other things really added much... thus my scratching my head and not feeling sure, and I think ultimately giving you your reaction and the same with the other folks here.

Should have gotten the whole Coka Cola sign

^ see above. :)

I think I would rather have all of the restaurant sign and small windows or none. As is, I find them a little distracting.

More of the restaurant sign might have worked if it wasn't such a dull sign. :(

Love the irony of the shot.

But I have a feeling the irony wasn't meant.

Nope, not at all... in fact, I can't even quite place my finger on what you're referring to, but I'd love it if you told me. :)

You clipped off the sidewalk, the sign above the door, the Coca Cola sign.
PS them in and you may have a winner.

hahaha... Noted.

Thank you for your comments, everyone.

Ultimately I think your reaction tells me what I was thinking... there are some elements there with some interest to them, but probably not enough to make it work, or at least not in this composition (but honestly it was hard to compose them otherwise... btw, this is an alley. That's part of the limiting factor.)

c.cloudwalker said:
Love the irony of the shot.

But I have a feeling the irony wasn't meant.

I'd like to know what you see as well. Searching for it and thought the sign said "Native American Cuisine". That would be ironic with the all American Coca Cola empblazoned on the wall. Closer look shows "Creative" less a "Cr".

"Ca Cola" in no way a limitation to this image, because everybody's mind fill what was missing there....But the building along with the door appears leaning backwards...why it is so? In spite of that i really like this image...its color

:D

Most reactions

Back