What's new

Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam

Bukitimah

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
279
Reaction score
7
Location
Singapore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_3631.jpg


DSC_3340-2.jpg


DSC_3676.jpg
 
These are interesting images, but it might help those of us who have never been to this part of the world to put each image in some sort of context - Ho Chi Minh City? What is the waterway? Name of the church? Street scene setting? etc., etc., etc.
____________
WesternGuy
 
The waterway isn't in the city as far as I know, well at least I saw no such vegetation anywhere near the city. The church is the famous Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in Distritc 1, the center of the city and where most foreigners will stay. Fancy area, big famous name banks and shopping.
 
Last edited:
The waterway isn't in the city as far as I know, well at least I saw no such vegetation anywhere near the city. The church is the famous Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in Distritc 1, the center of the city and where most foreigners will stay. Fancy area, big famous name banks and shopping.

Thanks for the insight. Now if I could just figure out what the third one is?? - looks like a street-side barber in operation. Maybe the OP will fill us in.
________________
WesternGuy
 
The waterway isn't in the city as far as I know, well at least I saw no such vegetation anywhere near the city. The church is the famous Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in Distritc 1, the center of the city and where most foreigners will stay. Fancy area, big famous name banks and shopping.

Trever1t, you are right. The river is part of the famous Mekong River. The last shot was taken in a taxi on my way to the air port. It is my first trip there, so I am not too sure about the names. This one is their Post Office and it is still in operation.

DSC_355.jpg
 
Yes, I have been there too. I hope you enjoyed your visit to VN as much as I did. I saw quite a bit of the country, and hope to return in a year or so to see more.
 
If you need a ride, just hop on and 4 is OK

DSC_3666.jpg
 
Like the last one - made me smile - a new mode of family transportation! :mrgreen:
_____________
WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom