Hockey East Quarterfinals, UNH v. UVM

LBPhotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was the University of New Hampshire Wildcats vs. the University of Vermont Catamounts in game two of a three game series ... UNH won the first game 7-4 on Friday night, Vermont evened the series with a 1-0 win last night - just a few select images from the game ... kinda boring images but it's been a long time since I had a chance to shoot anything outside of the "controlled environment" so, it took a while to get back into the grove ... game three is tonight, maybe I'll go back (if I can convince the wife to let me out ... :lol:)

100_3414.jpg

100_3406.jpg

100_3332.jpg

100_3316.jpg

100_3297.jpg

100_3283.jpg

100_3278.jpg

Your shutter speed is too slow making them look soft and they are a bit overexposed, up the iso to 1600 and use a faster shutter speed

This is where my camera body has left me lacking ... 1600 would look like a mosaic and is unusable ... I had to compensate with a bit too much PP leaving them looking overexposed ...

I'm not set up for shooting sports like I used to be - they aren't the best shots but it's been years since I've shot ... just nice to get my feet wet again.

This is where my camera body has left me lacking ... 1600 would look like a mosaic and is unusable ... I had to compensate with a bit too much PP leaving them looking overexposed ...

I'm not set up for shooting sports like I used to be - they aren't the best shots but it's been years since I've shot ... just nice to get my feet wet again.

I would rather have a bit of noise, did you shoot in raw ? if you can get the exposure as near as possible or even overexposed in raw you will get less noise

... did you shoot in raw ? if you can get the exposure as near as possible or even overexposed in raw you will get less noise

Yeah, these were shot in raw, mainly for the white balance issues that I was having.

As for the noise issue I just learned something, I thought that noise was a constant and no matter the exposure it would look the same ... I do realize you are talking a minimal over exposure (like 1/3 or 1/2 stop) but that's something I will play around with in the future ... thanks. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back