Hole in the Wall

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a recent walk around the neighborhood.

Joe

hole_wall.jpg

You must live in one of the most visually interesting neighborhoods in America. Or you just have a keen eye. Or maybe a little of both. I am so,so,so groovin' on the way that one climbing vine has veered back to the left. There's always a contrarian.

Wow.You are so lucky.An awsome pic, I love how the leaves go in that hole.It looks so amazing.

You must live in one of the most visually interesting neighborhoods in America. Or you just have a keen eye. Or maybe a little of both. I am so,so,so groovin' on the way that one climbing vine has veered back to the left. There's always a contrarian.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I really like my neighborhood. It's an old city neighborhood -- my house is over 100 years old. It's a bubble neighborhood in the middle of St. Louis that has retained it's century old Italian ethnic heritage. The Hill, St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everybody's last name ends in a vowel. Here's the Xmas window right now at the bakery:

window.jpg

Joe

It's a bubble neighborhood in the middle of St. Louis that has retained it's century old Italian ethnic heritage.

Cool. It must be the only one that's still there. When I saw your post I figured Yogi Berra must have grown up there, which your link confirmed.

It's a bubble neighborhood in the middle of St. Louis that has retained it's century old Italian ethnic heritage.

Cool. It must be the only one that's still there. When I saw your post I figured Yogi Berra must have grown up there, which your link confirmed.

Yep, they've got a plaque on his street. My son visited for Xmas and brought his soon to be Mother-in-law down from Wisconsin. We took them to eat at the restaurant where Yogi used to work as a waiter.

The barber's name is Luigi and he sings Vieni sul mar while he cuts your hair or maybe a little Rigoletto. We just lost Joe the shoemaker last year -- very sad. I have a custom leather camera strap he made for me. If you eat lunch at Milo's you can still hear the old men speaking Italian and occasionally singing around the bocce ball court when they've had enough Chianti. The names all survive but there are very few left who still speak the language or originally came from Italy.

Here's the statue in front of the church:

immigrants.jpg

Joe

Beautifully done. Interesting heritage of the area too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back