- Joined
- Oct 4, 2011
- Messages
- 10,726
- Reaction score
- 5,468
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
- Moderator 🛠️
- #1
Ah, that was a TERRIBLE name for the thread, especially as I'm not even completely sure this is a silo, exactly. But it's been a very tough morning here in my little world, so I thought I'd post a few pictures and see if I can lift my mood a bit. Of course, if they get ripped apart on C&C, that might not improve my mood, but that's okay, bring it on anyway.
This past Saturday, I went out hunting for some hawks or other larger birds. I saw a bunch of cool birds, but didn't really get any "keeper" shots--I've already belabored that in another thread.
But, I did come across this old, abandoned silo and some farm equipment. I plan to go back, hopefully either Saturday or Monday and do some macro photography, especially with some of the farm equipment. But these were a few I took with just the 70-300 that I had with me and I liked them, at least well enough to post them and let you all tear 'em apart.
1. Holey Silo

Jan_12_2013 (102)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
2. Snakeskin Silo

Jan_12_2013 (106)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
3. Machinery

Jan_12_2013 (192)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
4. Pulley--I cut the top off intentionally, but now I wish I hadn't. There was some stuff at the top I didn't like, but when I go back, I'll get a complete photo and see if I can clone out the clutter. As well as doing some macro on that beautiful rusted metal. ;-)

Jan_12_2013 (201)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
That's it. C&C appreciated--general thoughts, opinions, remarks--all of it makes me feel valued and appreciated. Or at least noticed, which is often all I can hope for. :lmao:
This past Saturday, I went out hunting for some hawks or other larger birds. I saw a bunch of cool birds, but didn't really get any "keeper" shots--I've already belabored that in another thread.
But, I did come across this old, abandoned silo and some farm equipment. I plan to go back, hopefully either Saturday or Monday and do some macro photography, especially with some of the farm equipment. But these were a few I took with just the 70-300 that I had with me and I liked them, at least well enough to post them and let you all tear 'em apart.

1. Holey Silo

Jan_12_2013 (102)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
2. Snakeskin Silo

Jan_12_2013 (106)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
3. Machinery

Jan_12_2013 (192)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
4. Pulley--I cut the top off intentionally, but now I wish I hadn't. There was some stuff at the top I didn't like, but when I go back, I'll get a complete photo and see if I can clone out the clutter. As well as doing some macro on that beautiful rusted metal. ;-)

Jan_12_2013 (201)edit_web by sm4him, on Flickr
That's it. C&C appreciated--general thoughts, opinions, remarks--all of it makes me feel valued and appreciated. Or at least noticed, which is often all I can hope for. :lmao:

