Holga Question

pocketshaver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has ANYONE ever actually tried to make Holga camera, into an actual camera by replacing parts on it?

From what little ive read on them, their issue is lack of quality control in the lens and sealing.. So would thinking a new CHEAP lens and some new foam strip inside be enough to make it a workable item?

Isn't the reason why people want to use Holga is because of the light leak and the imperfection of the camera?

Isn't the reason why people want to use Holga is because of the light leak and the imperfection of the camera?

YES! All my customers at the lab shoot them for that reason. And it's not just the Holga, there are many "toy like" cameras that shoot the same way. Kinda like buying pre-fogged or cross-process film.

My hazy-lensed Kodak Duaflex II gave fairly lo-fi results.

Probably still does Derrel. That's it exactly, I can use a vintage bakelite film camera like my Agfa Clack (apparently named for the sound when you release the shutter) as well as a Holga or Diana. Like Leo said it's a matter of figuring out how to best use it and what works best as subject matter, etc.

Or if you want, buy an old viewfinder camera with next to no settings and frankencam it into something else if you want... The Holgas were first made in the '80s I think? and were apparently fairly common in parts of Europe and Asia. Those and the Dianas which were earlier and produced under umpteen different names were meant to be basic no frills cheap film cameras. The Holgas stopped being manufactured for a time but I think went back into production. Those might not be your best or most inexpensive option to tinker with unless you find a newer one used; the early ones are somewhat collectible.

Love those last two Leo, I don't remember having seen those before. The others I have, and you do know how to get great photos with those type cameras.

Love those last two Leo, I don't remember having seen those before. The others I have, and you do know how to get great photos with those type cameras.

76408944.gif

The Holga went to Nice with me a few years back.

Nice it went to Nice.

Most reactions

Back