What's new

Holiday Snaps!

Forkie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 14, 2011
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
920
Location
Chiswick, London, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been away for a few weeks and thought I share just 4 photos from my holiday in the Dominican Republic. What an amazing place! It's exactly how you would imagine the Caribbean to be!


Classic Caribbean beach:

Untitled by Forkie, on Flickr

Thunderstorm over the sea. This is 5x 30 second exposures stacked together. I'm not particularly happy with the blending, but I'll have another go as soon as I have time!

Untitled by Forkie, on Flickr

Cable car up to Mount Isabel:

Untitled by Forkie, on Flickr



Sunset in Semana:

Untitled by Forkie, on Flickr

These are the only 4 I've had the chance to play with so far, even though I've been back for a week and a half... Only another nine hundred odd to go!
 
Wow! Looks like you had a terrible time!
 
Some guys have all the luck. You go on vacation, and get travel half way around the world. I'm going on vacation next week, and we're (the wife and I) will be spending 2 1/2 days at Foxwoods in Conn. just across the sound from LI.

Overall a really nice set. Picture #1 is outstanding both in exposure and composition. Pic #2 looks a little out of wack with the cloud formation. Pic #3 really works. Just a solid composition that I've seen screwed up countless times. Pic #4 is a great sunset. Just not sure why you left the right corner so dark.
 
Some guys have all the luck. You go on vacation, and get travel half way around the world. I'm going on vacation next week, and we're (the wife and I) will be spending 2 1/2 days at Foxwoods in Conn. just across the sound from LI.

Overall a really nice set. Picture #1 is outstanding both in exposure and composition. Pic #2 looks a little out of wack with the cloud formation. Pic #3 really works. Just a solid composition that I've seen screwed up countless times. Pic #4 is a great sunset. Just not sure why you left the right corner so dark.

I prefer Mohegan over Foxwoods where "atmosphere" is concerned.
 
Some guys have all the luck. You go on vacation, and get travel half way around the world. I'm going on vacation next week, and we're (the wife and I) will be spending 2 1/2 days at Foxwoods in Conn. just across the sound from LI.

Overall a really nice set. Picture #1 is outstanding both in exposure and composition. Pic #2 looks a little out of wack with the cloud formation. Pic #3 really works. Just a solid composition that I've seen screwed up countless times. Pic #4 is a great sunset. Just not sure why you left the right corner so dark.

I prefer Mohegan over Foxwoods where "atmosphere" is concerned.

This is actually my 1st time to Foxwoods. The wife stays over about 6 times per year. YOu can already guess whose the gambler in the family.
 
I'm not a huge gambler, I like to go up and get food there at some of the good eaterys while I'm up there for work. I play a few 1 arm bandits and meet up with friends from the area. I guess as far as gambling is concerned I hear Foxwoods is where to go. If you like chicken wings hop over the CT border and find a "Sliders Sports Bar" ;)
 
Some guys have all the luck. You go on vacation, and get travel half way around the world. I'm going on vacation next week, and we're (the wife and I) will be spending 2 1/2 days at Foxwoods in Conn. just across the sound from LI.

Overall a really nice set. Picture #1 is outstanding both in exposure and composition. Pic #2 looks a little out of wack with the cloud formation. Pic #3 really works. Just a solid composition that I've seen screwed up countless times. Pic #4 is a great sunset. Just not sure why you left the right corner so dark.

Actually that's how it was - there was a ferocious thunderstorm happening at the other end of the beach! I quite liked the transition from darkness to the sereneness of the sky near the sunset.

I'm not entirely happy with number 2 myself. I'll have another go at blending them at some point. I was just glad to finally get the chance to photograph a decent storm!
 
Your photos look like it's a really rough place. Funny to think about it to be honest.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom