Home for the Useless

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
These 180 photos are cool, but I like your standard work more. That's no offense to this photo, its just that your other ones are SOOO amazing, its hard to compete. With this style of lens, all of your great detail to composition becomes a lot more difficult to notice. These don't look as thought out, even though I'm sure they are. But please understand that's no offense to you, because you're probably one of, if not my absolute, favorite photographer on here. I always look forward to your posts, 180 or not.

Once again, great work.

These 180 photos are cool, but I like your standard work more. That's no offense to this photo, its just that your other ones are SOOO amazing, its hard to compete. With this style of lens, all of your great detail to composition becomes a lot more difficult to notice. These don't look as thought out, even though I'm sure they are. But please understand that's no offense to you, because you're probably one of, if not my absolute, favorite photographer on here. I always look forward to your posts, 180 or not.

Once again, great work.

Thank you. This is the first image I've taken with this camera/lens combo in about 3-5 years. It wasn't very well thought out I must admit, other than being an odd place I've driven by every month or two that I've been wanting to shoot.

Other shots I've been posted taken with this equipment are all rather old. They were taken pretty much with a 50/50 composition for 360s, but re-edited as I'm finding the images are interesting to me as a potential niche series. Bear with me a bit longer, I have a couple weird locations I'm planning on revisiting.

Throughout this spring I've been running around the desert like a madman taking photos for an online desert wildflower guide. Finding and identifying these blossoms is tedious as is the rest of the process. By the time sunset comes around, I'm creatively and physically blown out. I've put away the dslrs until my trip to Utah next week. I want to be fresh even though I have more of a snapshot/scouting trip in mind. There'll be more of the conventional landscapes though, my HD is littered with 'em.

love this one mate, great detail and sharpness....perfect subject for fisheye.

Thanks Roger. Initially I was thinking wide angle, until I got up close. The fisheye has been a great diversion. I might run up to this place this weekend;

casa del desierto

better shot

I think with the arches, columns and railroad tracks it may come out pretty strange. :)

I like the processing ... but the image is somewhat on the blah side. The door, walls, railings et al ... just don't seem beat up enough ... extraordinary enough, to make a statement.

Gary

And what is this combo? Is it Film?

Digital. Nikon 990, 180 fisheye adapter.

I like the processing ... but the image is somewhat on the blah side. The door, walls, railings et al ... just don't seem beat up enough ... extraordinary enough, to make a statement.

Gary

Agreed. It's a brand new industrial complex. After tenants move in it gets locked up.

I'll find another home for the useless.

Wow, that look good for an add on fish eye.

I've been amazed, and am looking at this in a whole new light. Enough practice and study I may even figure out how and when to use it. :)

Most reactions

Back