Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
thoughts
:)
phone.jpg

Does nothing for me truthfully, shallow DOF, weird blurring around edges of the phone, centered image.

I dunno, just doesn't 'hit me'

I suppose your intent was to give the impression that the phone was ringing by adding the blur to the lower edges of the phone. In my opinion, the effect is too little and it gets lost - it just looks like a poorly composed photo. Maybe if the wall was not so sharp and the rest of the phone was sharper, then the effect would be more obvious.

I want to know your thoughts.....=)
Why did you use a shallow DoF?
Why did you focus on the phone # card? Am I supposed to get something out of this? Or was this just random....ahhh I think this looks cool?

Odd focus point. It appears you've focused on the wall or the very top of the phone where the preset buttons are located.

I also find the subject matter, lighting and angle uninteresting. It doesn't say anything to me. What is the point of the image, what are you trying to convey? It looks to me like you were shooting random things, playing with aperture settings more than anything else.

Sometimes I wonder IFFFFF he was thinking. With most of your shots I tend to get the impression that you just take pictures with the intent of butchering them in post. Taking a well thought out and executed shot is just an afterthought if even a thought at all. I guess I shouldnt say "butchered" because frankly this shot was s**t to begin with. Now I am sure someoneis going to think I am just an insensetive pr**k and defend you, but I am beginning to wonder why anyone even bothers trying to help anymore.( myself included ). Work on becoming a better photographer, instead of the post processing.

Last edited:
Well, though honest you may have been Taylor, it sure wouldn't hurt to hold the tongue sometimes. No one will become better by reading replies like these. More constructive criticism is a must if we are going to survive as the greatest online photography forum ever (IMHO). If you feel that this photo really is so **, and there is nothing you can think of that would benefit er111a, then why waste your time? I'm sure you have much more important stuff to do than to give meaningless (to anyone other than you apparently) criticism to people on here. Wait, I guess you don't have more important stuff to do, otherwise I wouldn't even be writing this.

You can call it defending, I call it intervention.

Yeah, its a phone, yeah, its off in ways that would be a put-off to people looking to be technical, but this photo isn't necessarily a lump of manure.

If this person, in your opinion (and perhaps others), has not improved over their stay here, what about me? Have I improved since I came on here 3 years ago? I think I have and that's good enough for me. But I certainly didn't get better (in my opinion) by the naysayers. I got better because someone said my photos looked fecal-like and made suggestions as to how I could make it better.

Chew on that for awhile you unsensitive prick...I'm just joking...I don't think you're a prick, just inappropriately honest...

Sometimes I wonder IFFFFF he was thinking. With most of your shots I tend to get the impression that you just take pictures with the intent of butchering them in post. Taking a well thought out and executed shot is just an afterthought if even a thought at all. I guess I shouldnt say "butchered" because frankly this shot was s**t to begin with. Now I am sure someoneis going to think I am just an insensetive pr**k and defend you, but I am beginning to wonder why anyone even bothers trying to help anymore.( myself included ). Work on becoming a better photographer, instead of post processing, it is embarrassing at how little you have grown since being onthis forum.

Does this seem eLitist?

I think we all have a little elitist in us...I for one am a Slackware elitist...if you run Ubuntu, Fedora, BackTrack, whatever, you suck...just get the only distro that matters...Slackware...

and also there is no reason to harass anyone to any length...no one patted me on the head...they WERE brutally honest...but they also had suggestions...I am sure you have given great suggestions in the past, but that needs to continue...the suggestions...don't baby out like that and just stop replying...we're all here to grow together...I really, for one, need your valuable advice and insight and so does er111a...

Please don't give up on people...don't need to sugar-coat anything...you just need to follow up your personal style of honesty with some good feedback...whether er111a takes the advice or not...

Well, after some thought. I will apologize. I gave it some thought and think maybe I was just having a bad day at work and that came out a little too much. While I DO stand by most of what I said, no matter whether you like the harshness or not. The one thing that I don't think was fair or right to say, or truthful, was that the OP has not improved since being on here. That was a "@ssh*le" thing to say. So I apologize for that. I do however stand by my harsh criticism that the photography seems to always take a backseat to the post processing when more thought should be given to the photography. This is my opinion and I don't really care what anyone else on here thinks. I can admit when something crosses the line though and that is why I am apologizing.

Last edited:

They see me trollin', hatin', etc.

And by the way, I didn't stab any metal through my lip. I paid someone else to do it for convenience, but you were close.

Maybe next time you can actually compose a decent insult, if that's indeed your intent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back