What's new

Hong Kong Skyline (view from the Peak)

First impression: it is a bit too dark for me - this means there isn't enough detail in it for me to really appreciate the buildings in the skyline.

WesternGuy
 
I agree a bit too dark...

Hope u dont mind me posting this on your thread but here was my attempt earlier this year - nowhere near perfect either but this is what it can look like not as dark and wider angle.
peak-L.jpg
 

Attachments

  • $peak-L.webp
    $peak-L.webp
    154 KB · Views: 128
I agree a bit too dark...

Hope u dont mind me posting this on your thread but here was my attempt earlier this year - nowhere near perfect either but this is what it can look like not as dark and wider angle.
peak-L.jpg

so in order to do this, you need a longer exposure right?
 
so in order to do this, you need a longer exposure right?

Yes and no. The longer exposure will definitely help as it takes in much more light but this particular image I was lucky enough to take at dusk before it got too dark. I also created three different exposures of the same image and tonemapped to create the HDR feel.
 
I agree a bit too dark...

Hope u dont mind me posting this on your thread but here was my attempt earlier this year - nowhere near perfect either but this is what it can look like not as dark and wider angle.
peak-L.jpg

Sorry, but WAY too much tone mapping for my taste here. I think the solution is simply to shoot about an hour earlier than you did OP.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom