Hoover Dam photos for C&C

Bad Andy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Recently got back from Hoover Dam. Loved shooting with my new Super Wide Angle 8-16 MM Sigma. Please let me know what I need to do better, as this is my first super wide lens.

1.)

DSC_0043.jpg

2.)

DSC_0022.jpg

3.)

DSC_0037.jpg

4.)

DSC_0039.jpg

5.)

DSC_0057.jpg

Sorry for so many photos.

Thanks in advance.
-Andy

These are awesome shots. I especially like 1 and I think 4 is really cool looking. But 5 isn't doing much for me.

I like the photos as well.
Photos #1 & #3, the utility towers are grossly tilting inward. Have you tried correcting this?

PBELarge, the towers are tilted that way naturally. They are that way so the lines can come up from the generating houses without touching the sides of the canyon.

Good shots. I really like the staircase - #4. Lots of great lines really draw the viewer into the pic...

PBELarge, the towers are tilted that way naturally. They are that way so the lines can come up from the generating houses without touching the sides of the canyon.

I had a funny feeling you were going to say that. :mrgreen:

I purchased a Canon 10-22mm. I really like it alot.
I use LR3 for lens correction

Good shots. I really like the staircase - #4. Lots of great lines really draw the viewer into the pic...

I like this as well, eliminate the sign and first few stair, and it would be hard to tell if it was looking up or down.

Most reactions

Back