Hopefully helpful diagram, FOV on FF vs crop sensor

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I threw this diagram together after I finished organizing my thoughts on the whole FOV, FF vs. Crop frame thing. Hopefully it helps clarify the issue for those who are still trying to understand the relationship between lenses made for FF vs crop frame cameras and why the misconception exists about a crop frame camera "making a lens longer" Make sure you click the bar to view the full sized image as the reduced size one is hard to read.

Also, if anyone sees any glaring errors, please point them out, this diagram will be going into a Power Point presentation I am putting together. I already realize the text isn't very friendly to the eye, and I probably misspelled some words, but any other issues, let me know. Also let me know if you can understand it. I'm a fairly technical minded person so I want to make sure I've sufficiently explained the issue in understandable terms.

FOV.jpg

I think it should be fairly easy to understand for most photogs, but yeah the text....
Kinda reminds me of an encyclopedia britannica, circa 1975 lol

You get kuddos for the effort on this one!

Now if only a graphic designer took the time to organize all the information! ;)

Most reactions

Back