Hornets and bees

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The water drops in #5 make that one extra special. You are much braver than I getting that close to the hornet!

The water drops in #5 make that one extra special. You are much braver than I getting that close to the hornet!

Thanks Dean. It was wet and very early morning so the hornet was pretty languid.

These are great!

Thanks Dean. It was wet and very early morning so the hornet was pretty languid.
I was wondering about that :)

They're all very nice.

I noticed you used flash on all of them. What kind of flash? I'm curious, as I just got my macro lens and I'm looking forward to spring/summer in our gardens. Trying to get a handle on the lens ahead of time.

These are great!

I was wondering about that :)

They're all very nice.

I noticed you used flash on all of them. What kind of flash? I'm curious, as I just got my macro lens and I'm looking forward to spring/summer in our gardens. Trying to get a handle on the lens ahead of time.

Thanks guys. For these I used a simple setup with a speedlight on camera with a diffuser. I recently bought a flash bracket so I can have flash off camera and can't wait to try itout. Here is the setup I used.

IMG_20170723_213807.jpg
IMG_20170723_214415.jpg

Thanks for the info, BrentC. I wonder if a diffuser quite that large is necessary?

Thanks for the info, BrentC. I wonder if a diffuser quite that large is necessary?

Its not that big a diffuser. May look big on my M43 camera :) But yes you could use a smaller diffuser. I just bought a flash bracket and picked up a couple of smaller diffusers. One of them is about 1/4 the size. Have not had a chance to try it out yet. I think what is important is how well it diffuses.

There is also a lot of sites that show you how to make your own diffuser with stuff around the house.

I don't even have a speedlight, yet :) But that's next on the list. (Canon 430EX II.) Just put a couple small softbox diffusers in one of my shopping lists on Amazon. They're not expensive. Thanks for the info!

If you have on camera flash use that for now.

Most reactions

Back