Hornets and bees

If you have on camera flash use that for now.
It's not an issue, yet. It's still wintertime here. Just got about 6" of new snow today. Very few bugs outside :). (Well, live ones, anyway.)

I have some snow-ish macros I took. Maybe I'll post some of 'em up tomorrow. Thanks!

Very nice, I wonder what the bee is carrying, it does not look like pollen to me.
What flash bracket did you buy? Did it work?
Early morning is a great time in theory but in the UK in the summer, early is about 5am!

Very nice, I wonder what the bee is carrying, it does not look like pollen to me.
What flash bracket did you buy? Did it work?
Early morning is a great time in theory but in the UK in the summer, early is about 5am!

Yes it is pollen. Can't remember the name of the bracket. Haven't tried it yet but don't think its going to work out well. It has a flexible arm bbut its pretty thick and not as maneuverable as I would like. But I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes but my first impression is not for macro.
I hate early mornings myself, I'm a night owl, but I force myself to get up and its usually rewarding.

4 and 5 are my favorites but they are all amazing!

The water drops in #5 make that one extra special. You are much braver than I getting that close to the hornet!

Thanks Dean. It was wet and very early morning so the hornet was pretty languid.
Great set. I guess the old saying,”as mad as a wet hornet” is just not true.

Most reactions

Back